Introducing the new Impinj RAIN RFID for better inventory management. Learn how 5 sectors are using RAIN RFID and gaining momentum in profit and management.
Inventory based business thrives on real time resource data and object data for its success. Screencheck, one of the leading dealers of RFID products and solutions in Dubai states that many companies still use manual systems to track and maintain items. Manual systems are still in place even though they report high amounts of error and increasing labor cost. RAIN RFID is changing the way businesses perceive inventory management. Screencheck Dubai says they are witnessing changing positive trends and one of their brands, Impinj, is making considerable changes to accommodate all.
RAIN RFID is a global alliance promoting the universal adoption of UHF RFID technology in a way similar to other wireless technology organizations including NFC Forum, WiFi Alliance and Bluetooth SIG. RAIN uses the GS1 UHF Gen2 protocol which ISO/IEC has standardized as 18000-63. The word RAIN—an acronym derived from Radio frequency Identification—is intended as a nod to the link between UHF RFID and the cloud, where RFID-based data can be stored, managed and shared via the Internet. A RAIN RFID solution uses a reader to read and write a tagged item, manage the data and take action.
Managers can now locate their assets with wireless connection on a real time basis which in turn reduces the operational delays that are caused in line events. Real time asset data can help businesses to run smoothly and also effectively cut the running cost. Engineers at Screencheck help clients to implement RAIN RFID solutions to the already existing application, helping them to completely transform the inventory process. Screencheck has been collaborating with Impinj to evaluate the success of this technology.
- Dana is a leading machinery and vehicle manufacturer with a workforce around the globe. They were using manual scanning barcode technology for asset tracking. With the implementation of RAIN RFID, the change is clear. Each item tagged with RAIN RFID tag gets introduced to the manufacturing line. Location of each item is stored accurately in the plant’s operating system. Adoption of the technology has significantly decreased cycle times and increased item traceability.
- In hospitals, staff often lose expensive portable telemetry packs in laundry or trash. With the implementation of RAIN RFID this problem was solved. RAIN RFID tags were attached to each pack and installed readers in laundry and trash chutes. When a misplaced pack enters either of the areas, the staff would be alerted so that they can retrieve the item before they are lost or damaged. The implementation of RAIN RFID had led to considerable increase in the savings.
- The United States Patent and Trademark office is a 2.5 million square feet office space, which keeps innumerable patents and trademarks. They track items using an iPad connected to AV equipment. Manual tracking of these many items incurs lots of hours of labor and cost. The company therefore attached RAIN RFID chips to the already existing Impinj RFID systems. This has helped to track every item that moves in the office. Location details of each item is stored in a ERP software which makes it easy to trace items in real time, automating the previously manual process. The company now has a considerable decrease in labor cost and nearly zero percent loss of patents and trademarks.
- In Europe, Reynolds is a famous wholesale food provider catering thousands of restaurants. Customers needed to give back the packets once they were emptied. By attaching RAIN RFID tags and installing readers in the warehouse, the company was able to locate each packet and had data of customers who have not returned them. The solution has brought in considerable profit and saved millions of dollars annually.
- Polaris, a leading power sports equipment manufacturer installed RAIN RFID solutions in their manufacturing line. Impinj readers scan the tags along the line and locate the item to the factory’s management software. After the implementation, there is an increased cycle count and a huge project annual saving.
For more information, please contact us at www.screencheckme.com.
Please follow and like us: